- Provide culturally-sensitive counseling over a broad range of career development, academic, and personal concerns. Position functions include:
a) Career testing and integration of test results into one's career plan
b) Exploration of career interests, passions, values, and abilities in working with students to find concrete ways to utilize their strengths
c) Integration of psychological, social, or other difficulties that interfere with a student's academic and personal success
d) Instructor for career exploration class
- This position has a career emphasis, but also includes an active personal counseling caseload, including:
a) rovision of group and individual counseling
b) Crisis intervention management; including afterhours on-call coverage for the on-campus population
c) Contribution to the training associated with the Counseling and Career Development Center's APA accredited doctoral training program and possible supervision of practicum/intern trainees
- Provide consultation and outreach activities to the University community with a special focus on career development
- Collaborate with other departments related to student success
- Participate in Student Services activities pertinent to student well-being, including serving on University committees
- Participate in national/regional professional organizations and activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
Department/Division: The Counseling and Career Development Center is an office of the Division of Student Services. This position vacancy is due to retirement. We are seeking an individual to join us in a collegial, creative, and training- centered atmosphere. The Center is IACS accredited and hosts an APA accredited doctoral internship.
Campus: Allendale, with the possibility of providing services one day per week at satellite offices integrated within the GVSU campus community.
Responsibilities - Non-essential Functions
Required Qualifications and Education
- Doctorate in Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Counselor Education, or related field completed by start date of the job
- Eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist or counselor in Michigan (to be licensed within 2 years)
- Background in career theory coursework and/or working with career clients
- Clinical experience with a university population or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Experience and interest in providing career and personal psychoeducational outreach
- For psychology candidates, APA accredited doctoral program and doctoral internship Experience providing service to diverse student populations (e.g., students of color, LGBT students, international students, veterans, and students with disabilities) in a university counseling center
- Experience or interest in providing clinical supervision and training to graduate students
(For Hourly Staff Only)
(For AP/Faculty Only)
Commensurate with experience.
Date Position will Post to the Web
Application Deadline Info
Review will begin Feb11, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
How To Apply
Click "Apply to this Posting". Include: (a) letter of application addressing interest and qualifications, (b) vitae, (c) graduate transcripts, and (d) a list of three references. If you have questions or need assistance with the online system, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Full-Time 12 month
Grand Valley State University - 20 months ago