The Associate Psychometrician is primarily responsible for creating and maintaining competency and learning outcome measurement models. At Capella, faculty judge learner demonstrations of competencies and learning outcome using criterion-referenced scoring guides through every course assignment. These judgments establish very large data sets for informing learners about their academic success and faculty about their program’s effectiveness.
Specifically, the scope of this work includes, but is not limited to:
The role reports to the Associate Director of Assessment and Learning Analytics.
- Establish and optimize psychometric measurement models of performance-based assessments.
- Independently oversee scoring algorithms to maintain and improve established service level agreements.
- Clean large data sets and identify quality threats.
- Conduct item analysis and meta-evaluations to identify improvement opportunities for the assessment system.
- Analyze and propose solutions to new measurement problems.
- Collaborate with faculty leadership, research analysts, curriculum specialists, instructional designers, and assessment specialists to improve curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices.
- At least a master’s degree in educational or psychological measurement and statistics, educational psychology, or a closely related field is required.
- At least one year of experience in educational measurement, applied statistics, or large-scale data analysis.
- Experience with analytic software packages (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, HLM, BILOG, LOGIST, WINSTEPS, RUMM, Mplus, NMLE, LISREL, and/or PARSCALE)
- Expertise and deep philosophical grounding in fundamental measurement, classical test theory, item response theory, and conjoint measurement.
- Experience applying and interpreting various psychometric methods, especially conjoint measurement, Rasch models, partial credit models, differential item functioning, many-facets models, scaling, standard setting, validity studies, and item calibration.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize the work of multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in working with sensitive and personal information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical findings and their implications to multiple stakeholders.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 13 months ago