Lobby Attendant, lobby Porter, Housekeeping
Clean and maintain all items and surfaces in designated areas, ensuring hotel's standards of cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Ensure security of any assigned keys and beeper.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with Supervisor and Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris.
- Stock cleaning carts with designated supplies and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any food and beverage trays/items in public areas to service areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor.
- Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly. Replace soiled/damaged phone books.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Polish all brass surfaces.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas.
- Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from public and employee bathroom mirrors, vanities, sinks, toilets/urinals, shower walls, shower curtains and floors.
- Replace facial and toilet tissues, paper hand towels, soaps in correct amount and location.
- Stock vending machines in public and employee bathrooms.
- Sweep front entrance daily.
- Sweep and rinse off the pool deck daily.
- Remove soiled towels from pool area and return them to Laundry.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the Supervisor.
- Ensure security of hotel property.
- Stock Housekeeping department supplies.
Hcareers.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard