The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining
high standards in all assigned lobby areas, public
restrooms, special cleaning assignments and performing
Room Attendant duties as necessary.
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in
state (property specific).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
verbally and written, with all level of employees
- Must be able to effectively communicate both
and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and
service oriented manner.
and clarifying concerns raised by employees and
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding,
departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize
an attentive, friendly, courteous and
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and apply complex
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Must be able to show initiative, including
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly,
with other employees.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating
fellow employees and self.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests,
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the
assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping
to assist if needed.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as
landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters,
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service
per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. - Generic - USE THIS ONE NOW - 9 months ago