The role of the Associate/Vice President is to research and document client debt information; develop financial models; prepare marketing and presentation information for the senior bankers; organize, draft, and edit responses for RFP’s and other written correspondence; research and compile market data; and other assorted duties in support of the senior bankers.
- Develop financial models based on client’s financing needs using available financial products.
- Prepare correspondence, marketing information, and presentations for senior bankers.
- Draft, edit, and organize responses to formal solicitations (for RFP’s) by state and local governments.
- Research and compile market data relating to prior or future transactions.
- Schedule calls and meetings among the team and interact with lawyers, accountants, verification agents, rating agencies, and insurers to coordinate the deal process.
- Ensure data is updated and entered into DBC Finance software and other relevant tools.
- Critically read and analyze legal documents.
- Maintain files of clients and prospects.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of public finance/municipal investment banking experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.4 or greater.
- Must be willing to obtain the Series 52 and 63, within 6 months from the commencement of employment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of DBC Finance software required.
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to succinctly express complex ideas both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in managing multiple project-oriented tasks effectively and in a timely manner with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently while being team-oriented, prioritize tasks, react to changes, and solve critical issues.
- Qualified candidates must possess a high level of motivation, initiative, and leadership potential.
Mesirow Financial - 18 months ago
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...