Development Counsellors International’s Tourism & Economic Development practices are currently hiring five full-time public relations interns for Winter/Spring 2013.
Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, DCI has represented 400+ places, helping them to attract both investors and visitors.
Our Place Marketing Internship Program offers first-hand experience in destination public relation/marketing, travel trade marketing, meetings and incentives sales/marketing by working with cities, regions, states and countries. http://www.aboutdci.com
Interns assist with:
- Writing press releases, pitches, backgrounders and other materials for media
- Creating marketing presentations and materials
- Research industry trends
- Special event coordination
- Proofreading reports, marketing collateral and proposals
- Press trip and media tour coordination
- Developing and implementing telephone pitching projects
- Monthly reporting
- Media database management
- Administrative Tasks: filing, scanning, shipping, assembling travel agents and media kits
Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- An achiever mentality and a “passion for places”
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Experience with media databases preferred, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to “work the phones”
- Solid research capabilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- A proven track record of building strong working relationships
- Ability to work in New York City
For Tourism/Travel Trade Only:
- Previous experience in travel, destination marketing or hospitality is preferred, but not required
- Interest in working with destinations to target the African-American consumer market in the US
- Spanish language speaking skills preferred
DCI’s Place Marketing Internship Program places candidates in prime position for landing a full-time job. The program is open to college seniors, recent graduates and graduate students. The session runs from mid-January through April with potential to extend. Positions are full time (35-40 hours/week) with a competitive stipend of $200/week full time and/or college credit.
Send your resume, writing sample and letter of recommendation. When applying, please indicate “Place Marketing Internship – Spring 2013” in the subject line.