Waggener Edstrom Worldwide, one of the world's largest independent public relations and integrated communications agencies, seeks a savvy PR Account Executive who's highly motivated, has strong PR experience and wants unlimited career growth. This position supports the Microsoft Trustworthy Computing (TwC) business, specifically focused on managing the privacy- and online safety-focused initiatives for one of the largest, best and most recognizable brands in the world.
The TwC group is responsible for building greater trust in computing through tight integration/partnership with other Microsoft product groups, and driving strong, focused storytelling with media influencers across multiple audiences, including, technical, business, consumer, and elite/policy makers.
We have a fast paced environment that requires close communication among team members and the willingness to help out where needed. If you are a team player, have great listening skills, take initiative, have confidence and display curiosity, we want to talk to you.
• Serve as day-to-day contact for media/influencers; share knowledge
• Conduct outreach relevant to integrated marketing or other campaign tactics
• Oversee management of reactive requests, proactively influence & garner coverage
• Contribute to brainstorms & strategic campaign development
• Provide timely and in-depth analysis of coverage results & trends
• Assist in creating high-level digital/social media strategies that are integrated into communication plans
• Engage with agency digital & monitoring divisions regarding client projects & deliverables
• Amplify/promote news on social properties; update & maintain social editorial calendar
• Begin anticipating client communication challenges & develop recommendations
• Contribute to development & implementation of communication strategies
• Execute tasks associated with projects; may lead certain aspects of project
• Oversee client meetings, agendas & recaps
• Begin to understand clients’ business model from a global perspective; understand key markets, global influencers and the impact on client/business narrative
• Contribute to plans & own executing portions of a plan
• Identify opportunities for cross-team integration
• Become familiar with WE capabilities across the agency including global region specialties in comparison to competitor agencies
• Serve in a lead research role on organic growth new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data
• Begin gaining management skills by mentoring junior level staff
• Be a peer resource to staff, interns & new hires
• At least two years of experience in PR/communications (three years preferred), preferably in an agency setting or within applicable industry
• Strong presentation and research skills
• Established influential relationships; social media presence
• Has written and developed communications-related materials, including integrated communication plan(s)
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in computers and standard office applications (Microsoft Office is preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree or above preferred in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
Waggener Edstrom - 14 months ago
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...