Waggener Edstrom Worldwide's Healthcare Practice continues its expansion and track record of impressive year over year growth. With a 360 degree perspective on the healthcare industry, globally we provide a breadth of communications services to clients across sectors including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biopharma, healthcare IT and consumer health products. We develop innovative programs that reach and influence physicians, advocates, patients, regulators, policy makers, payors and the public at large.
We are looking for a proven agency Vice President to join our east coast team—ideally in our Boston hub. This person would not only have the opportunity to work on prestigious pharmaceutical accounts but will also primarily work on exciting, industry issues campaigns, managing a strong team and overseeing the clients. Partnering with our exceptional and reputable leadership team, this person will be leading from the front and managing high level pharma executives. If this type of work and exposure if something you relish and thrive in then keep on reading!
The ideal candidate will be a superstar healthcare communicator who thrives in an environment where passion, creativity and curiosity are valued. We are looking for someone who has experience with FDA regulations, R&D communications, pre-commercial and on-market product promotion, direct-to-physician and direct-to-patient communications, and who embraces the rapid change occurring in the way communications impacts business.
Previous implementation and success using online influence campaigns is highly desirable. Candidates should have a passion for client service, staff development and networking with a keen interest to play a leadership role supporting the success of our growing healthcare practice. Experience of new business and programme strategy development is a must and we are ideally looking for someone who embraces the rapid change occurring in the way integrated campaigns can impact business. Successful candidates will have a passion for client service, mentoring and growing direct reports and colleagues, as well as networking skills -- and an interest in being part of a growing global healthcare practice
• Assume lead role on existing client business, manage and grow existing business and support business development efforts
• Drive strategic communication planning process and ongoing assessment of campaign success in accordance with client planning process
• Manage and track budgets ensuring programs are delivered on budget and within client’s expectations
• Ensure flawless execution of all program elements across multichannel programs that incorporate digital and social media communications
• Establish strong collaboration and communication across account teams
• Mentor and motivate staff with the goal of retention and development
• Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing/hiring new talent
• Model and hold team accountable to demonstrating agency values
• Oversee account team financial and resource management issues and track team utilization
• Support new and organic growth opportunities
• Contribute to agency strategic planning initiatives
• Educate & oversee team on cross agency activity
• Proven experience with taking part in ongoing digital campaigns, either as part of overarching programmes or stand-alone projects.
• Ability to successfully educate clients on the increasing role of digital within the communications landscape.
• Be engaged with and inspire junior and senior peers around digital initiatives and channels. Contribute to the agency and client’s growing digital skill-set.
• Mentor and motivate staff with the goal of retention and development.
• Manage up and educate VP’s and above on crisis issues, account health and client/team satisfaction.
• Oversee resource allocation across team including staffing/hiring new talent.
Model and hold team accountable to demonstrating agency values.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
• At least ten years experience in healthcare communications with at least 5 years of agency experience
• Broad range of healthcare communications experience and a proven track record designing and implementing innovative, holistic client solutions
• Entrepreneurial nature and attitude
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...