We are currently seeking a public relations professional with 3-5 years of PR experience to join our Milwaukee office team. Nelson Schmidt Inc. is a full-service marketing communications agency with offices in Milwaukee’s central business district and downtown Madison, Wis. Nelson Schmidt has been named one of the top marketing firms in the country six consecutive years by “BtoB Magazine.” It serves U.S. and international clients within select considered purchase industries including Alliance Laundry Systems, ADP, Honeywell, McKesson, Polaris and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET , the Marketing & Advertising Global Network of 300 agencies in 70 countries; American Advertising Federation ; Public Relations Society of America ; Business Marketing Association ; and Milwaukee Water Council . For more information call 800-689-7721 or visit NelsonSchmidt.com .
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate must possess excellent verbal, writing and editing skills. The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects with various clients is imperative. Knowledge of social media platforms and basic Microsoft office programs are required. Past experience within an agency or corporate PR environment is desired.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Key Responsibilities Include:
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Key Requirements Include:
- Strong writing skills – pitches, bylined articles, press releases, press kit materials, case studies.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Research and develop story angles and pitch stories to the media.
- Plan and manage traditional and social media programs.
- Serve as liaison on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email.
- Work as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity.
- Prepare regular client reports and attend client meetings.
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media.
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events.
- Maintain strong relationships with editors, reporters, clients and team members.
- Mentor junior staff.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years of public relations experience in agency or corporate PR environment.
- Professional experience as a working public relations professional, journalist – preferably with experience promoting manufacturing.
- Superb writing abilities.
- Ability to grasp multiple issues across multiple industries within tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with clients and team members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven understanding and effective use of social media platforms and communications tools.
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401K plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
ATTN: Lynne Chamberlain, Director of Human Resources
600 E. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Nelson Schmidt is a full-service marketing communications agency located in Milwaukee's central business district with a second full-service...