Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
Cook Internship Summary:
Fueled by our unmatched commitment to the advancement of patient safety and care, Cook is in search of qualified candidates for our Summer Internship Program. Paid internships at Cook Medical are offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (Exact dates depend on school calendars.) All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Potential projects for the Public Relations Intern include:
- Prepare and route media kits for established, key product lines
- Prepare electronic media kits for new online newsroom
- Lead PR efforts for Cook Group companies
- Write articles for Cook publications
- Create an internal PR plan to distribute public information and news stories within the company
- Assist with writing, editing, routing and distributing press releases to the news media globally
Mentor interaction is a valuable tool for the internship experience. In an effort to provide a nurturing environment, interns are assigned a direct mentor who provides a unique perspective of life at Cook Medical. Mentors are chosen from across management levels, and all mentors are responsible for the day-to-day activities of their interns.
- All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative and an ability to work well with others.
- Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior years the following Fall Semester. Graduate students are also eligible.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following Fall) for consideration.
- Candidates should be majoring in Public Relations or a related field.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Cook Medical - 16 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...