Wood-Mizer is a 30 year-old established but still growing manufacturing and distribution international company in Indianapolis that is looking for a highly motivated Team Player.|
Wood-Mizer's Public Relations Specialist is a central position in the market department. This position develops and executes strategies and tactics that maintain and further Wood-Mizer's strong brand and position as the leading portable sawmill manufacturer in the world. The position requires strength in four main areas:
Primary Job Function:
1. Public Relations
- Promotes a positive organization image by writing, preparing, or delivering information about the organization through all media channels including traditional (newspaper, magazines, trade publications, broadcast, etc) and social (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.)
- Conducts research and interviews for material.
- Prepare written material for distribution both inside and outside the organization.
2. Copy Writing
- Write articles, sales letters, advertising copy, product descriptions, video scripts, customer mailings, as well as, other informative and promotional material.
3. Project Management
- Project manages initiatives working from initial concept to special details. Specifically responsible for overall delivery of the bi-annual customer magazine and an annual customer contest. Works with department and other employees to obtain additional resources as needed during project lifecycle.
- Creates, writes, edits, and updates brochures, web, and marketing materials by filtering large volumes of information into clear, concise, user-orientated language.
- Work with marketing and design staff to produce materials that will meet strategic objectives.
- Successful candidate will be an extremely talented, conceptual writer.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Clear and confident communication skills exhibited in both speech and writing.
- Wide understanding of basic marketing strategies and programs.
- Successfully execute campaigns that result in user management.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Work closely with marketing leadership.
- Take initiative to generate momentum and keep tasks on schedule.
- Multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Able to reset priorities as needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
If interested, please submit 3-5 samples and complete a posting application to Tammy Dickison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wood-Mizer Products, Inc. - 18 months ago