Title of Position
Public Safety Dispatcher, Part-Time
Part Time, Permanent
3:00-11:00 PM; 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM (Weekends and holidays)
Special instructions regarding transcripts
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and coordinate calls for service between public, police, fire department, ambulance and other departments.
- Operate radios and dispatch personnel (walking/vehicle) for emergency and routine calls for service. Decide priorities of service when necessary in accordance with established policies.
- Operate computer terminals to retrieve information and relay same ( DMV , CICS , OUTLOOK ). Control access to College when closed, provide information to the college community and visitors. Monitor CCTV , Fire & Intrusion Alarms, operate video and audio equipment.
- Graduation from high school or possession of equivalency diploma.
- As per department policy employees of the Public Safety Department will be subject to a background check. Offer of hire will be contingent on the results of this process.
- Trained as a Dispatcher.
- One year experience working in the field.
To be fully considered, supply all requested documents by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Attaching a cover letter and resume are optional and a link will be provided for attachment.
Monroe Community College - 2 years ago