Make a Difference in Someone's Life!
This position is a support function working in a residential facility housing criminal justice clients and those in recovery, and is responsible, as a team member, to facilitate a safe living environment for anyone on site. Coordinate the functions of residents in compliance with all state, federal and local agencies regulations.
Public Safety Office Residential Re- Entry Center
(Full-time and Per Diem Positions Available!)
The Public Safety Officer plays an integral role in the Re-Entry Center objectives by:
- Protecting the welfare and safety of residents, staff and shelter in a manner which ensures all residents are treated fairly, with respect and accordance with agency guidelines and protocols
- Supports and re-enforces client program plans as defined by the Case Manager
- Works with the unit team for timely communication and processing of required paperwork
- Maintains knowledge of client population and their needs
- High school diploma or GED, coupled with previous work experience in an applicable environment or in a security based setting
- Strong interpersonal and crisis management skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement safe evacuation and disaster procedures
- Clean New York State Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass all applicable background checks prior to start
Volunteers of America Western New York - 21 months ago