- BA Degree in business, marketing or healthcare related field preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Progressive management experience in transportation management; procurement or customer service strongly preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management skills, people management skills, be self motivated, and ability to work independently
- High level of technical competence to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills: must be able to develop and implement action plans to address issues
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Proactive approach to relationship building
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability
- Team Building - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. The Company's client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, the Company manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing the Company to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
LogistiCare seeks a Public Transportation Manager for our operations center.
The Public Transportation Manager is responsible for the day to day supervision of the Public Transit Department which includes personnel assignment and management, transit pass security, members and facilities inter-action, full time work assignments and timely distribution of monthly and daily bus passes.
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Supervising of the Public Transit Department which involves inter-action and direction of assigned personnel, recommendations for staffing levels, motivation of employees while making sure the department achieves maximum performance and accountability
- Distribution of mass transit passes while keeping accountability of daily and monthly transit passes, assist in monthly justification for purchase of passes and method of distribution of passes
- Process and manage the facilities verification of monthly and daily transit pass eligibility to assure creditability and accountability
- Identify potential Medicaid fraud through proper identification and validity of persons receiving passes so to assure that recipients/clients meet the criteria for using the Public Transit system
- Work closely with the Facilities Department and Quality Assurance departments to ensure smooth coordination of the potential clients to receive public transportation
- Maintain an open line of communication with superiors and co-workers, facilities and public transit systems
- Remain knowledgeable of public transit system, bus routes and schedules and operations of SEPTA
- Maintains spreadsheets showing distribution and purchase of SEPTA daily and monthly passes on a daily and monthly basic
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager or upper management
Logisticare - 2 years ago
Compassion. Accuracy. Reliability. Efficiency.
Extra CARE makes all the difference...
There is more to non-emergency transportation...