The School of Business is seeking a full time Marketing & Publicity Administrator to work for the School's External Relations, Marketing & Publicity department. The incumbent will report to the Director of Marketing & Publicity and will be responsible for marketing and publicity activities - with a particular emphasis on electronic and web-based marketing initiatives - aimed at enhancing the student recruitment, alumni development, public relations, and institutional advancement. The Administrator is responsible for maintaining the School's social media presence, creation and distribution of the School's news content, and maintaining the School's email campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: plans and assists in the execution and evaluation of cost-effective marketing strategies and promotional campaigns designed to enhance School of Business brand awareness, generate academic program inquiries, and optimize conversion rate of inquiries to enrollments; coordinate and consult with management and appropriate parties within the School of Business and the University at large to establish priorities for web-based and electronic communication development and plans for continuous improvement; responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the School's social media presence, assuring that all content comply with appropriate policies, guidelines and standards; assists, plans, and executes the development of, design of, and content for School of Business electronic marketing initiatives, including generating ideas, writing, editing, graphic creation, video creation, requiring knowledge of communication techniques and knowledge of targeted audiences; generate, maintain, and distribute necessary tracking reports and analyses of marketing effectiveness for each initiative, and assist in evaluating success, making recommendations for improvements; research and evaluate new electronic marketing technologies for applicability to School of Business needs; serve as a resource to other department staff regarding effective electronic- and web-based promotional strategies and problems; performs necessary administrative functions such as record keeping, report writing and correspondence, and establishes procedures for orderly operations; supervises assistants, student workers, and volunteers engaged in all stages of publicity projects; writes copy for press releases, public service announcements, informational listings, and other publicity materials; and keeps informed regarding available media products, services, and costs.
1. Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field OR equivalent combination of experience and training.
2. Five years' experience in marketing and publicity or related field.
3. Must be proficient in HTML.
4. Demonstrated success in email- and web-based lead generation.
5. Experience tracking, analyzing and utilizing key email and web metrics.
6. Demonstrated creativity, interpersonal communication skills, problem solving, technical knowledge, and a high level of dependability.
7. Good organizational and administrative skills. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task, as well as work accurately, efficiently, and independently.
8. Excellent writing and editorial skills.
9. Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours.
1. Familiarity with Hobsons Connect, Hobsons AY, Harris Connect, or similar database-driven web-based user management system.
2. MBA or related Master's degree in business preferred.
3. Ability to create graphics for web use.
4. Knowledge of or experience in higher education environment.
The position will be based in Storrs, but requires occasional travel to other School of Business campuses including Hartford, Waterbury, and Stamford; and may require travel to other locations throughout Connecticut. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
Please apply online using Husky Hire to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. For full consideration, please apply by February 28, 2013. For questions regarding this search, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 2/28/2013.
University of Connecticut - 2 years ago