Lee Enterprises, a leading media company in the U.S., seeks a Publisher to lead the local management team based in
Auburn, NY. The Publisher is responsible for the operation of all phases of the print newspaper and digital products through effective team leadership of human resources, sales and distribution, editorial content, production, and financial management of the organization.
The Publisher makes an immediate difference by supporting every aspect of our complex business through development and leadership of employees, building and maintaining strong community relations, support of strong local journalism, and successful growth of revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in the further development of revenue and profits in commercial media, online, and other alternative revenue streams.
- Ability to lead teams in different states with varying economic situations and market opportunities.
- Lead the team in planning short and long-term strategies to achieve goals and objectives; including development and annual updates of a strategic and capital plan.
- Establish a work environment to challenge and reward all employees to contribute their best efforts to attain company goals and objectives.
- Assure effective selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers.
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide for the safety and security of employees and assets.
- Maintain involvement in community events and organizations.
- Provide monthly reports on items of importance and interest to corporate office.
- Establish and supervises the direction for the editorial efforts of the paper.
- Lead team sales efforts, both in advertising and circulation.
- Meet projected revenue and expense goals.
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Thorough knowledge of sales and management techniques.
- Prior experience in advertising, sales, and news in a competitive market
- Four year college degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to work closely with people.
- Knowledge of commercial printing helpful.
Apply online at
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, in its markets, with 47 daily newspapers and a joint interest in four others, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 specialty publications in 23 states. Lee's newspapers have circulation of 1.2 million daily and 1.4 million Sunday, reaching nearly four million readers in print alone. Lee's websites and mobile and tablet products attracted
unique visitors in December 2012. Lee's markets include
Tucson, AZ. Lee Common Stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol LEE. For more information about Lee, please visit
New York-Auburn-The Citizen - Auburn, NY
May 6, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
Lee Enterprises - 16 months ago