Job Title: Purch/Planning Asst
Functional Area: Purchasing
Division: Supply Chain
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
Ecolab is the leading global developer and marketer of premium cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional, and industrial markets.
We currently have a position available for a Purchasing Assistant. This role is accountable for assisting the purchasing department with timely ordering of raw materials, packaging materials and non-stock material requisition items to ensure an even flow of production.
- Place orders (includes all purchases) Release/Order materials for Just-in-Time production requirements.
- Ensure all vendors are approved and appropriate controls are in place in order process
- Maintain assigned part plant records in CAS system, and set up items to include all appropriate information needed for sound purchasing decisions
- Proactively communicate with vendors to make sure orders and delivery dates are understood
- Coordinate resolution of vendor payment issues between Vendors and Accounts Payable
- Review MRP reports weekly and determine requirements of raw materials and packaging materials. Investigate materials requirements due to plant changes between MRP cycles and react accordingly.
- Proactively update manager and others on any issues with vendors or availability of raw materials or finished goods
- Expedite and de-expedite materials: Review materials levels for overstock situations, de-expedite as needed to avoid excessive inventories
- Update and maintain all department documenta-tion, including blanket purchase orders, letters, and monthly reports and charts of Purchasing indicators
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system
- Responsible for correcting all vendor invoice errors and freight errors largely impacting accounts payable before approving payments
- Track and report status of errors
- Ensure accuracy of price files and limit quantities on blanket purchases
- Serve as backup for Purchasing Manager
High School, GED. Associates or Bachelors degree
Strong mainframe and PC computer skills in Word,
Excel, and Access
Three years of experience in an administrative role
Knowledge of accounts payable procedures
(knowledge of CAS manufacturing and accounts
payable systems is helpful)
Professional demeanor; comfortable working with
vendors and internal customres
Ability to work independently and manage multiple
Good numerical skills
MRO purchasing experience preferred
One year of purchasing experience preferred
Prior experience working in a Supply Chain support role
(Purchasing, Planning, Logistics)
AutoReqId : 29516BR
Ecolab - 15 months ago
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies...