To ensure that all deliveries are to hotel specifications in accordance with receiving sheets, purchase orders, pricing and weights, verifying accuracy. To ensure the storeroom is maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Ensures that products leaving the storeroom are properly requisitioned and approved. Supervise daily tasks assigned and performed by storeroom clerks
· Supervise the daily operation of the storeroom, proper storage and rotation of all stock so that all food items are fresh.
· Supervise the issuing of products to the departments. Verify quantities and products.
· Ensures proper requisition and approval processes are followed.
· Check each item received against applicable purchase orders and other hotel documents, which may involve weighing, counting, verifying prices on each item and checking them against specifications to verify accuracy of delivery.
· Supervise and participate in monthly and year-end inventories.
· Supervise general and food and beverage storeroom and receiving areas.
· Participate in hotel/department meetings.
· Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
· Assist storeroom/receiving clerk when needed and assist in month-end inventories.
· Assist in stock rotation.
· Other related duties as assigned by management.
This position requires to frequently Sitting, Walking, Climbing stairs, Crouching/Bending/Stooping, Reaching, Grasping Pushing/Pulling, Near Vision, Hearing, Talking, Smell. Frequently Lifting/Carrying of up to 50 pounds. Rare use of Far Vision and travel
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY, EDUCATION AND EXPRERIENCE
· Must have some knowledge of food, beverage and printing products
· Basic mathematical and computer skills to track deliveries
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently in order to complete forms, inventories, read billings, invoices and communicate with co-workers and purveyors.
· Office machines: operate calculator/10-key, copier, fax, telephone
- Knowledge of Spanish helpful
- Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize and direct, coach, train and discipline team members as necessary
· Strong Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel
· High School graduate or equivalent required
· One year related experience required
· Experience with ARIBA purchasing / procurement system preferred.
· Experience directly supervising employees preferred
· A neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
· Able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, holidays and evenings, since the hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
· Able to project a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
EEO / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Hilton Miami Downtown - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
If you need a bed for the night, Hilton Worldwide (formerly Hilton Hotels) has a few hundred thousand of them. The company is one of the...