Our dynamic fast paced Seattle based gourmet food and wine company has an open position for a Purchasing Agent .
The Purchasing Agent will work closely with vendors to ensure our prices stay competitive while continually sourcing items and new programs to better meet our customer’s needs. This position works directly with our sales representatives to provide up to date market cost.
Purchasing Agent Job Responsibilities:
- Keep item codes and inventory accurate.
- Buy products according to season and menu changes.
- Forward available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items and obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers and monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered, resolve shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorize payments for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for establishment: Reviews requisitions.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Select products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determine method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
A qualified candidate will have 2 plus years experience in supply management, tracking budget expenses, vendor relationships, organization, customer service, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, cost accounting and the ability to train our sales department on new products such as availability spec size and pricing. The qualified candidate must have excellent communication skills and an attention to detail along with excellent documentation skills.
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package that includes paid time off, health benefits and 401K
Indeed - 4 months ago