Purchasing Agent / Production Planner – Live Goods|
Cost Farms is the largest grower and wholesaler of indoor plants in North America. Selling primarily through larger retailers, Costa Farms is the leader in the industry. Costa Farms is a third generation, family owned business that globally stretches over 3,500 acres and employs 3000+ associates. Along with thriving indoor houseplant and bedding plant divisions, Costa Farms operates merchandising and transportation companies as part of its infrastructure with operations domestically in South Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and abroad in the Dominican Republic, and Far East.
We are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Agent / Production Planner to join our team located in Miami, FL.
This position will be responsible for the procurement of assigned live good components. Our ideal candidate must be flexible, resourceful, and willing to work additional hours as needed during our busy season.
- Review and interpret Material Resource Planning (MRP) reports
- Process purchase orders, expedite and ensure orders are confirmed in a timely manner.
- Resolve availability issues.
- Track orders to ensure delivery schedule is met.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Resolve receiving discrepancies
- Provide resolution on the status of any supplier quality or delivery issues to internal customers.
- Communicate vendor concerns and/or issues to upper management in an effort to improve material flow efficiency.
- Initiate claims by obtaining credit on any defective or unacceptable goods with the supplier and take corrective action.
- Communicate discrepancies within the Materials Catalog for proper handling.
- Attend supplier trade shows to learn about new industry trends and make contact with current suppliers.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Horticulture, or related field.
- Certified Purchasing Agent a plus, but not required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Purchasing Agent and/or Buyer.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP Systems
- Ability to problem solve and interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
A Career with Costa Farms offers:
- Very competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including
- 401K program
- Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership
- Autonomy, training, personal and professional development opportunities
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago