POSITION: Purchasing Intern
LOCATION: 373 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10016
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Purchasing Intern supports the day-to-day operations of the Purchasing department including managing purchase orders, budgets, and some administrative duties as requested. He/She helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs and assists the Purchasing Manager with purchasing matters. The Purchasing Intern will report directly to and provide direct administrative support to the Purchasing Manager.
COMPETENCIES: Adaptability/Flexibility, Dependability, Ethics, Communications (written and oral), Customer Focus, Initiative/Innovation, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Problem Solving, Teamwork and Collaboration, Project Management
- Record and maintain purchase orders
- Assist purchasing team with inter-departmental budgets and inventory thresholds
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with special projects
- Assist with monitoring purchasing software â€“ Handle or distribute to appropriate personnel
- Liaison with Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Assist with sending requestor's copy of Purchase Orders
- Assist with the development of purchasing internal protocols
- Assist with internal Purchasing Audits
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years of age. Demonstrate effective communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in internet research. Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to prioritize workload. Experienced in database management and record keeping. Can maintain confidence when dealing with individuals at all professional levels. Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely and responsive manner, with a high degree of accuracy. Must be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS: To qualify for this unpaid internship the candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program requiring this type of internship for credit. All other candidates will be considered volunteers.
HELP/PSI - 4 months ago
HELP/PSI operates the largest Comprehensive Medicaid Case Management Program in the State of New York. Commonly known as "COBRA,"...