This position manages and administers all purchasing functions within the assigned division.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare bid packages, collect pricing, negotiate contracts maintain scopes of work, vendor files and insurance records, administer contracts, control budgets, and facilitate payments
· Full accountability for total floorplan brick and mortar costs and strategic supply chain activities within the division
· Proficiency in negotiating and executing contracts for the purchase of all material and labor
· Full accountability for trade management, vendor loading/assignment, bi-directional service and quality (M/I Homes to vendor; vendor to M/I Homes) and vendor contracting
· Proficiency in the operation and maintenance of the HMS system and contract management system on a day-to-day basis
· Manage and maintain cost and price data for community specifications and standard option offerings
· Key involvement in the New Home Design Process
· Key involvement in the Design Selection Process
· Key involvement in the Value Engineering Process
· Approves or denies all nonstandard option requests before they can be costed out
· Approves Gross Profit and Homebuilding Budgets
· Approves Homebuilding Overage Reports
· Supervise and direct other staff in the purchasing and estimating function
· Mentor and train other personnel within the purchasing department and within the division
· Coordinate with the Estimating and Architecture Department(s) to establish unit pricing and maintain a unit-price schedule for assigned vendors
· Compiles, verifies, calculates and distributes hard cost items including costs for permits, driveways, public walks and lot programming in order to provide accurate housing budgets (area figures).
· Manage key purchasing initiatives within the division (i.e. Purchasing Conferences)
· Oversee vendor training and new contractor orientations
· Primary contact for Regional and National supply chain initiatives
· Accountable for all vendor rebate and incentive recognition in the division
· Accountable for quarterly look-forward forecasting of brick and mortar costs
· Assist the VP of Purchasing with researching and implementing new products, construction processes and/or services
· Ensures closed loop interdepartmental communication and issue resolution
· Strategic departmental planning and structure
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 4 years experience in purchasing and/or estimating developing accurate construction estimates and negotiating material and labor contracts
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
M/I Homes - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
M/I Homes, Inc. is a builder of single-family homes. The Company sells and constructs single-family homes, attached townhomes and...