MSP Industries Corporation is a division of AAM and is a world leader in the design, engineering, metal formed products of light trucks, sport utility vehicles, crossover vehicles and passenger cars. MSP focuses on precision operational excellence in quality, warrant, on-time product delivery and flawless launch support.
Key Elements of the Position:
- Establishes partnership relationship between Purchasing and Plant Operations to ensure commercial / operating alignment on local supply activities
- Participates in cross-functional plant forums and works with the heads of Operations to understand material / service requirements and plant performance objectives
- Participates in Global Purchasing Alignment forums to convey plant requirements, prioritize issues, and share best practices
- Remains abreast of industry developments and AAM imperatives and helps determine appropriate application of corporate strategies towards meeting plant’s quality, delivery, and total cost objectives
- Confirms coordination between Plant and Central Purchasing activities to ensure maximum leverage is gained from AAM’s corporate supply base -- identifies local supply opportunities as appropriate
- Supervises Plant Purchasing personnel, ensuring appropriate prioritization of work efforts and achievement of work goals
- Reviews and approves purchase agreements to ensure compliance with corporate strategies, policies, and procedures
- Monitors Supplier Performance and drives resolution of complex commercial, legal, and operational supply issues
- Identifies and assists in implementing business process improvements
- Develops professional competencies of Plant Purchasing Associates and supports career advancement opportunities
- Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley requirements and quarterly SOX testing
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Financial & Managerial Accounting, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 7-10 years purchasing or finance experience preferred in manufacturing
- Knowledge of manufactured commodities and related materials and processes, as well as supply base
- High degree of planning, time management, and organization skills required
- Strong analytical, critical reasoning, communication, and personnel development skills required
- Highly proficient computer skills necessary to apply technology in support of job responsibilities required. Proficiency in the use of Oracle Business Systems preferred
- Understanding of application and use of contracts.
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 17 months ago
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...