The Supervisor ¿ Purchasing is primarily responsible for overseeing daily pharmaceutical replenishment needs for all pharmacies in conjunction with the Sr Manager - Purchasing. Monitors the forecast of drug usage for the pharmacy to determine what is needed to satisfy production demand. Work with the Sr Manager ¿ Purchasing to exceed annual/monthly cost savings targets and annual/monthly performance targets. Responsible for providing solutions and direction on drug shortages, coordinating projects through to completion, driving alignment and departmental collaboration. Support Buyers and Analysts through experience and knowledge. Assist with Physical Inventory as needed.
1. Provide oversight to maintain optimal drug, packaging size and inventory levels to support customers and corporate requirements while making positive contributions to all ESI site, customers. Work with other ESI sites to minimize supply chain issues and help reduce excess and expired drugs and supplies. Utilize reports and tools to review and optimize inventory control and inventory replenishment as it relates to purchasing. Participate in physical inventory as required.
2. Recommend process improvements and cost savings with internal and external customers. Work with management to set annual cost savings targets and report monthly on performance against targets. Assist in development, documentation, review and training of purchasing/cross functional policies, procedures, processes, and work instructions as determined.
3. Assist in identifying and resolving supplier issues as required. Communicate timely drug information throughout ESI as needed. Respond to expedited issues in a timely and efficient manner. Resolve and close open order issues as needed. Update Systems and reporting tools appropriately. Process inventory exceptions timely.
4. Provide oversight for team projects, providing direction for presentation and implementation to meet targeted deadlines. Oversight to drive alignment on implementation and departmental collaboration.
5. Provide backup support to all areas within pharmacy purchasing.
6. Special projects as needed.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
2- 5 years relevant experience; Previous experience with PBM, Healthcare industry desired
C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus
Strong PC and MS Office skills (Excel, Word); Knowledge of APICS principles and practices preferred
Demonstrated ability to analyze data and trends and propose solutions.
Demonstrated success purchasing high volume, rapidly changing, products.
Demonstrated ability to work as part of cross-functional work teams.
Demonstrated process improvement skills.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete tasks as required.
Demonstrated success at managing projects and leading teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work and succeed in a dynamic environment in which direction may change periodically.
Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, self-sufficient, quick learner, able to solve problems quickly, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Well organized and detail oriented
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 3 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.