Ferno-Washington, Inc. is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies with the most broadly based range of products in patient-handling and emergency medical equipment, mortuary and rehabilitation services. Ferno-Washington, Inc. currently has an opening for a Purchasing Supervisor.
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for day to day supervision of the purchasing department.
- Draft, implement, and provide ongoing administration of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Oversee the processing and maintenance of purchase orders, contracts, and quotes.
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements within the purchasing department.
- Oversee source development, vendor selection, and cost negotiation.
- Oversee the accuracy of system planning parameters.
- Responsible for the development of the purchasing budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Responsible for yearly budgeting of material costs and monitoring purchase price variances throughout the year.
- Provide timely and accurate delivery information to all internal and external customers.
- Monitoring and maintaining appropriate inventory levels in order to maximize stock availability and minimize inventory investments.
- Coordinate and oversee individual purchasing projects as needed.
- Completing performance reviews and evaluations for department staff.
- Recruitment and development of the purchasing staff.
- Support overall department objectives.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at ferno.com.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration 5+ years purchasing experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with MAPICS preferred.
Ferno-Washington, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Ferno-Washington, Inc. - 18 months ago