Job Description |
As a member of this Engineering team, you will work with industry leading Middleware software products. You will be responsible for leading design, development, QA testing of the new Converged System management framework and the integration with other Converged System appliances and solutions. The primary responsibilities will include:
Lead and work with other sr. architects to develop a strategy for the Converged System Framework and integration with the Converged System platform and solutions as well as architect, and lead designing, development, implementation, verification and validation of the tools and integration with other solution. Work in understanding application and user requirements and translate that into python based implementation in Linux environments.
Code using Python, expect, Java and other industry standard products to implement the agreed upon design, participate in code and design reviews of all components of the solution
Excellent understanding of Linux OS and its use of LVM , Storage, network . Good understanding of HP Proliant based servers storage and networking environments.
Hands on experience on implementing Restful web services and web based solution.
Work with Software Testing / QA organizations to achieve quality requirements
Knowledge on few databases (open source and light weighted ones) and communication thru Java.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Collaborate with cross functional and remote teams for successful project completion. Exploring opportunities for innovation and providing leadership in software design Providing leadership in driving integration with other HP architectures and initiatives Provide leadership to ensuring a best in class tools and solutions for our customers Provide leadership in planning, defining requirements, scoping efforts, and setting appropriate milestones
Apply in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide management solutions across one or more technology areas.
• Consults with team members and other organizations on complex issues. Willing to accept change and learn new technologies if required.
•Comfortable working within an Agile development process, startup environment with ability to deliver on time.
Knowledge and Skills:
• In-depth knowledge of Linux,
• Experienced in writing code in Python, Java, C environments.
• Five or more years’ experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to), Java, C, Python, Perl, bash and other scripting and understanding of Web-development tools for new applications.
• Understanding of Server architecture, BIOS and system info, PCI layout is an added plus.
• Knowledge on Jetty and Tomcat webservers.
• Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies Experience on multiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
•Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
•Able to define quality and security standards. Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team.
Experience with the Proliant x86 product lines.
Experience with Open Source development: Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.
Database Tuning Experience
C/C++ development experience
Education and Experience Required: 8+ years experience. Bachelor\'s (undergraduate) or Master\'s (graduate) degree in Computers or related discipline.