Software Engineer for Platform Services
LongTail Video is looking for a talented Python developer to join our rapidly growing team in our New York City headquarters. As a member of the Platform Team, you will be joining a small, collaborative team responsible for a wide array of systems from our internal and customer dashboards, through payment and video delivery management, and into our Hadoop data analytics system. This role will report to the Platform Team development manager.
LongTail Video is located in Chelsea, New York within an office with fantastic views across the city. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects, all while being a part of a smart and agile team working in the fastest growing tech industry - online video. Our flagship product - the JW Player - has over three million customers and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
- Work as part of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Build and maintain the Platform architecture
- Develop commercial features from the Product Backlog
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to the growing list of problems the platform solves
- Smart, and able to get things done
- BS in Computer related field
- Hadoop, Pylons/Pyramid, SQLAlchemy
- Continuous Delivery
Grit Matters - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -