O.C. Tanner develops employee recognition and rewards programs that help companies appreciate people who do great work. That’s right, we are in the business of appreciating great work. We are appreciateologists! Seriously, it’s on our name badges.
As part of that effort, we build large-scale, international, multi-million user web and mobile applications used by companies like FedEx, Texas Roadhouse, Home Depot, and American Express. And we’re doing it with technologies like Java, Heroku, iOS, Android, Ruby, Rails and Node.js. If developing web and mobile apps is your thing, we’ve got that.
We’re actively adopting the practice of separating front-end and back-end processing across our application stack. A QA / Automation Engineer is responsible for creating the services required to test our Front-End apps and Back-End services that span the web, mobile, voice and any other great ideas we come up with.
Our QA / Automation Engineers work closely with Product Managers, Front-End Engineers, Mobile Engineers, Back-end Engineers and others to do the following:
• Clearly understand business objectives and customer needs
• Design, build and deliver solutions that will meet and often exceed the objectives and needs
• Help define and execute standards and practices that enable our development teams to do this as quickly and effectively as possible
• Foster an environment that attracts, empowers and retains technical people of the highest caliber
Applying candidates must have each of the following:
• Strong technical depth and breadth in test plan development
• Comfortable with continuous deployment
• A passion for helping the team to deliver a bullet-proof solution
• A craving for high performance code
• Accurately assess, plan, execute, and automate test plans for products that follow given criteria for scope, schedule and quality
• Keeps it as simple as possible
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Great communication skills
• Fully document any unexpected anomalies identified in testing
• The ability to lead through influence
• A relentless drive for results
• A passion for measuring those results
• An ongoing thirst for new knowledge and ideas
Exceptional candidates will have done one or more of the following:
• Practiced the Lean Startup approach
• Worked on a team that does Test-Driven Development and Continuous Delivery
• Designed a user experience for a web app and/or mobile device
• Coded an app that runs on Heroku or a similar PAAS
• Contributed to an open source project
• Worked on a large-scale, international, multi-million user app
Open to internal and external candidates.
O.C. Tanner - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard