Transfield Services is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a safety-focused and complex business offering the high profile projects, industry-leading expertise and international career opportunities you need to fulfill your ambition.
OVERVIEW: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Site Quality Assurance / Quality Control Supervisor is charged with the overall responsibility for quality assurance, quality control, welding inspections and other inspections and documentation on the site, turnaround or project(s). They provide an interface between Transfield supervision and client inspection personnel. Their responsibilities include assisting client inspection/engineering personnel in the preparation of plans, drawings, welding procedures, inspection requirements and acceptance criteria. They manage Transfield QA/QC personnel, sub-contract inspection personnel, and monitor the onsite work quality as well as the quantity of outside contractors. They are responsible for ensuring that the verification and documentation of all work is being completed to applicable codes, standards and client specifications, and for the planning and control of welding materials, welding procedures and welding operations.
Key Work Experiences/Education:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Requirements include a minimum of 7 years recent experience in an occupational function in the oil and gas or construction related industries, that has a direct relationship to welded assemblies fabricated to a recognized code or standard.
- Current ASW CWI
Technical/Functional competencies required for selection:
Weld Inspection and Tracking
- Inspection and oversight of welding operations
- Creating and updating weld maps
- Assigning weld numbers
- Defining NDE requirements per client and TIMEC procedures
- Maintaining welder RT percentage log
- Coordinating NDE
- Coordinating Heat Treatment
- Development of final QC packages
Positive Material Assurance & Control (PMAC)
- Maintaining the PMAC process
- Issuing PMAC tags
- Insuring compliance of proper PMAC procedures
- Tracking location of PMAC tags
- Updating the PMAC log
- Communication with the Authorized Inspector
- Development of all code travelers
- Development of code procedures
- Sign off of all hold points and final inspection
- Coordination of all NDE
- Development of final code package
- Maintaining the Flange QC process
- Assigning Flange QC cards
- Tracking location of flanges requiring inspection
- Coordinating inspection of gasket surfaces
- Final sign off of Flange QC card
- Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and scaffolds and working at heights.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air, and air purifying respirators, safety harness, sand blast hoods, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
- Must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for extended duration’s of up to 8 weeks or more
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of Transfield Services Resources & Energy Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
This is your chance to experience the safe, rewarding and performance driven culture you deserve. Please visit the Careers section of our website and apply via Ref. No. 5156
Transfield Services is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
Posting Notes: Vallejo || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || LinkedIn; N/A; SEEK
Transfield Services - 8 months ago
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...