Responsible for preparation of positive blinds, reagents, controls and calibrators; receipt and processing of external PT sets and pipette and QA/QC instrument maintenance
- Prepares urine pools for blind internal quality control, GC/MS and screening controls, and calibrators, keeping all necessary records of validation
- Prepares working reagents for extraction department, keeping validation records
- Maintains pH meter and electronic balance, recording all function checks
- Maintains mechanical pipettors, verifying accuracy and precision at prescribed intervals and recording results of all checks and repairs
- Received and initiates processing of external PT samples
- Retrieves from IT monthly statistics to state of Florida and submits them to the state agency
- Performs function checks of safety devices, i.e. safety showers, fire extinguishers, eyewashes, etc.
- Monitors deionized water quality and maintains records
- Maintains inventory of stock chemicals and drug standards
- Performs other related duties at required and assigned consistent with the level of this position
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Secured laboratory environment
- Follows universal precautions as needed
- Exposure to caustic and odorous chemicals
- Lifts up the 25 pounds
- Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
- Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
- If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- AS degree in Medical Laboratory Technician or BS degree in related science
- Previous experience in toxicology laboratory procedures and operations
- Working knowledge of SAMHSA regulations and previous experience in QA/QC operations
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish colors and good eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work with little supervision and to be flexible when priorities change
- Skilled in use of MS Office - Word and Excel
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...