Come join the team that changing the face of Public Health
The Georgia Department of Public Health/Division of District & County Operations - Office of Nursing is seeking highly qualified candidates for our Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) Assistant Chief Nurse position.
About the position
This position provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to state office nurses, state office staff and district nursing leaders. Responsible for the development of quality assurance/quality improvement standards at the district and county levels. Directs and manages statewide programs that support and advance public health nursing practice and enhance professional and personal development of public health nurses.
Under limited supervision, serves as an Assistant to the Chief Nurse and Deputy Chief Nurse and as a team member of the Office of Nursing and Division of Public Health. Directs and/or supervises staff.
- Manages the statewide Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) Program for Public Health Nursing.
- Coordinates statewide Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement training activities for public health nurses.
- Serves as a member of the Quality Improvement /Performance Management Network.
- Manages the Health Assessment and Clinical Competency Development Program.
- Reviews state, federal and other regulatory standards information in order to direct quality improvement activities and achieve compliance.
- Oversees the Health Assessment budget.
- Coordinates the Continuing Nurse Education Program.
- Coordinates Population Health Training for Public Health Nurses.
- Serves on the Department’s Emergency Preparedness team for planning and responding to emergencies/disasters.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to the Georgia PHN Practice and Education Workgroup (GaPEW).
- Collaborates with academic partners and colleagues to coordinate research initiatives related to public health nursing three research priorities.
- Interprets policies and communicates changes in regulations and procedures. • Organizes and plans a systematic and continuous quality/performance improvement program for the practice of public health nursing. • Develops nursing guidelines, standards and protocols for implementation at the district/county levels. • Coordinates response to disaster and emergencies. • Directs special projects and participates on team projects.
A current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND four years of experience as a registered professional nurse, including two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, public health or directly related area from an accredited college or university AND one year of professional experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Preference will be given to applicants who in addition to meeting the entry qualifications possess the following:
- Completion of a Master’s degree in Nursing, Public health or related area.
- Experience at a level equivalent to PHSO Nurse Consultant or County Nurse Manager.
- Experience in public health nursing.
- Experience in conducting training program or teaching nursing practice.
- Experience in health evaluation, outcomes measurement and/or quality assurance/quality improvement.
- Experience with directing and/or managing health programs.
- Experience in collaborating with multiple disciplines or providers in large, complex and/statewide health systems.
Public Health Employment Connection - 19 months ago