As one of the nation's leaders in quality health care for over 55 years, Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to enhancing health care delivery through state-of-the-art information tools and top-notch talent. The experts at Kaiser Permanente Information Technology are at the heart of that mission and you can be one of them. If you are excited about working with cutting edge technology and have the right blend of creativity and experience, consider the following opportunity within our Mid-Atlantic Region Business Information Office.
Includes organizational leadership, business process, resource, and financial management, sponsorship and promotion of collaborative effectiveness. This job family generally encompasses positions regularly responsible for providing leadership and direction to employees. Typically this work requires an expertise in communication skills, and management concepts plus a solid base of technology and/or business knowledge/skills and the ability to apply it to business problems. This supervisor position will have direct responsibility for managing the MAS IT Care Delivery Testing Services team. This team focuses on providing quality clinical services applications including electronic medical records, chart management, laboratory services, clinical reference, medical imaging, pharmacy, and patient care.
Includes supervision of design, development, and implementation of testing plans and cases to support testing objectives as well as implementation of quality assurance and testing methodologies, processes, standards, and tools
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals; establishes goals to meet objectives.
• Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
• Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
• Provides immediate supervision to non-exempt, union and/or exempt employees, assigning tasks or checking work.
• Supervises employees performing individual tasks related to the unit.
• May also supervise contractors, offshore resources, or matrix employees.
• Interaction and Communication:
• Frequently interacts with subordinates and/or functional peer groups. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
• Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules.
• Responsible for directly providing guidance to staff.
• Sets team objectives and contribute to individual department's tactical execution of strategy.
• Promotes team's commitment to changes required and acts as a change implementer.
• Plans and establishes a course of action for team or unit; establishes priorities to accomplish goals allocate resources and track results.
• Measures and monitors team and KP-IT process activities.
• Initiates required improvements to business process in order to achieve business results and appropriate solutions for customers.
• Manages financial aspects of the team or unit; accountable for direct budget.
• Managing HR People Processes:
• Manages HR/People processes for the team or unit including performance reviews/management, resource management, planning, objective setting/alignment, employee development/coaching and training.
• AA degree in related field or 2 years of equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of supervisory/team lead or equivalent experience.
• Experience supervising a software testing team.
• 3+ years of related IT experience.
• Full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of related functions.
• Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
• Experience working with clinical applications strongly preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...