Job Title: Quality Assurance/Warehouse Associate FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Warehouse / Oklahoma City
Date: February 2012
General Purpose of the Position:
The Quality Assurance/Warehouse Associate is responsible for checking products that are in storage in the warehouse, the quality on inbound product at the time of receiving and all products that are returned by customers. This person is also responsible for checking the dates on all dated products and for helping with inventory on a weekly basis as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining proper product quality in the cooler.
- Make independent decisions on acceptable quality of product
- Identify all products according to size, origin, and count.
- Work closely with all Purchasers regarding quality and quantity of product in the coolers.
- Pull poor product from cooler for disposal or rework.
- Reads customer orders, work orders, receiving orders and shipping orders.
- Ability to determine items to be received, moved, shipped or spoiled.
- Assists shipping and receiving (as needed) unloading trucks, checking in the merchandise.
- Moves inventory and items from receiving to storage areas or from storage to shipping or other designated areas.
- Opens boxes, crates and other containers.
- Assists in counting of physical inventory as directed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within inventory to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Contact the supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of product.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Keeps warehouse and work area clean by sweeping, dusting and mopping.
- Keeps warehouse and work area organized at all times.
- Ensures warehouse is available to salespeople and walk in traffic.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS : The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months warehouse experience preferred
- The ability to read and understand English
- Solid understanding of produce varieties and produce quality.
- Ability to operate pallet jack and Electric Forklift
- One (1) year produce knowledge and experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Must possess good oral and written communication skills
The ability to frequently lift 50 lbs and infrequently lift 80 lbs.
The ability to go up and down stairs
The ability to work in extreme temperatures
Regularly use hands to finger, handle or feel
Regularly reach with hands and arms
The ability to speak and hear
Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
Occasionally sit, climb or balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse environment
FreshPoint - 17 months ago
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...