Oversee the complete audit process within the tobacco operations to include the pre-audit process, post-audit process and stamp audit process. Work with team leads to address issues and research escalated issues; partner with Operations management to address issues and review processes and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. College degree or college course work in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related area preferred.
- Two years experience in a quality assurance/process auditing position or related position. Prior lead or supervisor experience preferred. Prior experience within the tobacco operations preferred.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Oversee the complete audit process within the tobacco operations to include the pre-audit process, post-audit process and stamp audit process. Work with team leads to address issues and research escalated issues; work with Operations management to address issues and/or trends.
- Supervise the day to day responsibilities of the auditors and shift leaders; oversee a team responsible for auditing shipping labels and paperwork to ensure accurate quantity and product selected and addressing any errors.
- Responsible to oversee the tobacco product stamp audit to ensure accurate stamps are affixed to product. Work with Inventory Control and Accounting as necessary regarding stamp inventory.
- Analyze performance metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs), error trends, and other audit performance issues. Monitor and report auditing accuracy; determine issues, and follow up to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner. Partner with Operations management to change or modify processes as necessary to address on-going issues/trends/concerns.
- Responsible for third party vendor management for staffing within the audit team; work with vendor regarding staffing levels/needs or staffing performance concerns.
- Work with team lead to coordinate day-to-day scheduling of associates within the audit processes based on resources, performance and volume. Ensure team lead is properly training associates; assist with training team on changes in processes and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure equipment is in proper working order; resolve any issues accordingly.
- Address performance issues and concerns in a timely and accurate manner; partner with Operations management, Human Resources and/or Loss Prevention as appropriate regarding performance issues or potential theft.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSAs):
Good written and verbal communication skills. Good organization, prioritization, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Must be able to multi-task and follow through on projects. Must have good leadership and training skills; ability to work with all levels of management and line associates. Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs. Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; may occasionally need to lift over 20 pounds (with or without assistance). The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to an office environment and/or distribution setting and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions; temperatures may vary within distribution center. The noise level in the work environment varies; office setting may be low to moderate; distribution center setting may be moderate to high.
- General office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, copy/facsimile machine, etc.)
- Material handling equipment (i.e., pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
- Cigarette stamping equipment, conveyors, taping machine, label printers, selection carts, etc.
Nash Finch Company - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -