The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for all aspects of quality control activities for Information Technology related to client deliverables including software systems, data and reporting. The QA Analyst will define and implement the software quality assurance processes such as, but not limited to, external customer UAT (User Acceptance Testing), establish processes of creating & testing against test plans, internal development of testing procedures, and defect management processes & tools. The QA Analyst will ensure that GSP’s software applications as well as reporting and data distribution are performing as designed.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Education and experience:
- Develop and maintain test plans and automated test scripts for reporting, functionality, system and "ad hoc testing".
- Execute regression tests, functional tests and data tests.
- Document quality assurance practices.
- Identify, analyze and report defects in reports and data throughout software lifecycle.
- Provide analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications reports, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two+ years relevant experience in a QA role
- Experience with automated testing and creation of automated testing scripts / environment
- Past experience implementing QA processes such as customer UAT, test plans, defect tracking, etc. is a must.
- Experience working successfully in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a project team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Well versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box test work, system vs. functional).
- 2+ years SQL Server knowledge and SQL query writing skills.
- Well versed in software process methodologies.
- A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking concepts and tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail with all phases of testing including data preparation, test case design, test execution and analysis of test results.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- In this critical role, the successful candidate must be an individual with a high degree of personal integrity, able to maintain the personal discipline to create a results-oriented team environment
- Identifies and resolves potential personnel/peer problems and issues proactively and readily communicates to appropriate management staff all problems, issues and/or concerns as they arise
- Actively participates in team meetings and maintains accurate status of responsibilities – leading by example
- Must have a customer-focused, energetic attitude and constantly be willing to take initiative to solve problems and discover solutions without prompting from management staff
- Communicates and collaborates proactively and in a courteous and professional manner with all external clients and/or customers
- Ability to work independently to achieve outcomes in an expedient and professional manner.
- Must be flexible and maintain a positive attitude with exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- 12 months ago - save job