Systemware Professional Services delivers innovative technology services to companies that are leaders in their industries. Our consulting team helps turn a business vision into reality.
We are hiring technology consultants with the following skillset to work with us on an important client project:
Working under the supervision of the QA Manager, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to Production. The ideal candidate has retail ecommerce experience as well as experience with industry standard QA tools (we use Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager). The analyst is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor as needed, but many activities will require independent thought and decision making.
- Analyze and understand requirements, devise a test strategy to adequately cover the requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases. Review test artifacts with QA and development team members and edit accordingly.
- Own the QA role throughout each project. This includes but is not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute tests (manual and automated), monitor testing progress, report status, log defects, track defect fixes, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery, be responsible for quality.
- Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, extend the automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development life cycle, participate in its continuous improvement.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. (Systemware PS does not subcontract) Out-of-town candidates must be willing to pay their own relocation and interview costs.
- High school diploma or GED required; accredited Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technically related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required; at least 2 years of QA experience in an online retail environment preferred.
- Knowledge of QA theory and methodology.
- Can define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others).
- Can define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others).
- Expertise in exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience testing services (with tools such as SoapUI, WCF Test Client, TestMaker, WebInject, etc.).
- Experience testing web sites and web pages, especially ecommerce; knowledge of tools such as Selenium, Fiddler, Firebug, WAPT, etc.
- Experience with test automation, preferably beyond record/playback and scripting; knowledge of programming languages preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Able to write simple queries, understand basic database architecture, can incorporate data validation into test activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
If you are looking to advance your career, applying for a job with Systemware PS is a smart move. Systemware PS is committed to long-term growth by building relationships with the most innovative, talented IT professionals. Contact us at 972-239-0200 to discuss your career goals so we can take the next step together.
Systemware and Systemware Professional Services are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/D/V).
Systemware PS - 13 months ago