Provides oversight of the development and maintenance of quality programs, processes and procedures that ensure compliance with policies and that the performance and quality of services conform to established standards and agency guidelines.
Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance.
Works directly with operating entities to provide process analyses oversight on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet guidelines.
Leads audit and inspection preparation, resolution of audit and inspection findings and liaises with auditing groups and inspectors through all stages of the audits.
Co-ordinates legal requests in support of government investigations or litigations.
Ensures the quality assurance programs and policies are maintained and modified regularly.
Facilitates uniform standards worldwide and enables best practice sharing, thereby fostering the achievement of company’s mission globally.
The Quality Assurance Compliance Spec is responsible, but not limited, to the following:
- Perform Quality Assurance Inspections/Audits as Regional Sites and other QA duties as assigned.
- Serve as the Regional Center’s Safety and Environmental Leader
- Serve as a point of contact with the On-Site Government Representative in the absence of the Lead Mechanic/Site Manager
- Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L-3 Vertex Aircraft, Government and the FAA
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and perform necessary corrective actions
- Remove and replace defective components
- Comply with Service Bulletins, Instructions and Airworthiness Directives as directed
- Perform preflight/postflight, turn around inspections and servicing when required
- Perform maintenance on Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Dealing with Coworkers/Customers/Public for recommendation of program improvements or corrections
- Travel may be required
- Coordinate corporate, department and program management to ensure product/service quality objectives are addressed including; processes, documentation, monitoring, inspection and test, criteria for acceptance and records.
- Coordinate NBP and PDC to ensure product/service quality requirements are addressed including; processes, documentation, monitoring, inspection and test, criteria for acceptance, delivery, post delivery and records.
- Respond to customer initiated quality complaints, surveys and questionnaires from current and potential customers.
- Maintain liaison with customer reps, sub-contractors and suppliers concerning quality issues.
US Security Clearance Required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required
- Three to five years experience in Quality Assurance or related field.
- Three years (five years preferred) of experience performing maintenance on (C-12) King Air 200/300’s and/or (UC-35) Cessna 560 aircraft.
- A minimum of three (3) years recent hands on airframe and powerplant experience
- Knowledge of Management of Quality Assurance (QA) technical process
- Knowledge of Management of QA internal audit process
- QMS/EMS internal audits, investigations and problem solving skills
- IA (Inspection Authorization) strongly preferred
- Five to eight years with BS Degree. Degree may be substituted with appropriate years of experience
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Army Sustainment Division (ASD)
L-3 Communications - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...