Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the open source “R ” statistical computing language. Our product, Revolution R Enterprise, enables statisticians, scientists and others to create superior predictive models and derive meaning from mission-critical data in record time. Revolution Analytics works closely with the R community to incorporate the latest developments in open source R and with our clients to support their efforts to produce ground-breaking innovations in life sciences, financial services, defense technology and other industries where high-level analytics are crucial to success.Duties and Responsibilities |
We ’re looking for a smart, driven, and skilled data analytics quality assurance engineer to play a key role in our high-performance, agile development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team on cutting-edge ‘big data ’ analysis software. Your job will be to work in an agile software development team environment to deliver high-quality software on time and on budget. This will include the following key activities:
- Write acceptance tests reflecting the use cases that are motivating product development.
- Bring a user perspective to feature teams to help refine feature design.
- Identify, narrow down, and log defects with information relevant for triaging and fixing the problem. Work with technical support to ensure that customer issues are resolved.
- Participate in the prioritization of bug fixes and enhancements
- Participate in the development, monitoring, and maintenance of tests
- Participate in developing quality assurance infrastructure that will improve team productivity and enhance the product release process, especially in the area of test automation. Work with build and release engineers to integrate processes as needed.
- Participate in release testing, including verification of bug fixes, creating test plans, regression testing, and documenting completion of tests.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of product qualification documents, including Installation and Operational Qualification Protocols.
- B.S. or higher in Statistics or other technical field in which the analysis of data plays an essential role; equivalent experience will be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate with data scientists and software engineers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies
- Strong technical, leadership, and team collaboration skills
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments; experience with Microsoft HPC Server, Linux cluster job schedulers, and Hadoop preferred
- Experience writing quality assurance tests. Experience with automated test tools preferred.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience with the R programming language; experience with S-SPLUS, SAS, SPSS, and MATLAB a plus
- Experience with incident tracking tools (e.g. JIRA) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Experience working with databases a plus
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of data analytic methods to solve real life predictive analytics problems
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading, advocating and seeing issues and projects through to resolution.