Harte-Hanks is a direct marketing services company offering the widest array of integrated, multichannel, data-driven solutions for top brands around the globe. Harte-Hanks Direct Marketing improves return on its clients' marketing investment by increasing their prospect and customer value through solutions and services organized around five groupings of integrated activities: Information (data collection/management) — Opportunity (data access/utilization) — Insight (data analysis/interpretation) — Engagement (program and campaign creation and development) — Interaction (program execution).
The QA Engineer is responsible for validation of DBM deliverables to ensure quality. Review requirements and change requests, prepare test plans, test cases and maintain test logs for complex, multi-tiered applications through out software development life cycle.
Responsibilities include: Data validation, report validation & ETL testing. Documenting defects and closely working with development team in addressing the issues and appropriate escalation to management. Also responsible for adherence to existing standards and best practices. Knowledge of HP Quality Center/ALM11 administration is desirable.
Required Experience, Skills and Education:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electronics or a similar field
• At least 1-2 years work experience in Software Quality Assurance
• Understanding of Internet/web applications and Web services
• Ability to set-up / configure databases, proven experience with SQL/Oracle and data retrieval
• Ability to test huge data bases and ETL validations
• Must have knowledge and previous experience with BI applications (Cognos)
• Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza
• Ability to act independently on assigned projects and execute project tasks
• Ability to work on multiple projects/assignments concurrently under aggressive deadlines
• Ability to develop tools/scripts to aid in testing client/server and Web applications
• Ability to create test plans and test cases for the QA group
• Strong understanding of QA methodology
• Familiarity with bug tracking, reporting, and verification tools and processes (Quality Center etc.)
• Working experience with HP ALM11/Quality Center administration/project customizations
• Any experience in Database Marketing Services and Analytics is a plus.
• Develop and execute test plans and reports for a defined project
• Prepare test cases and maintain test logs
• Review requirements, New Database Builds, Change Requests (CR’s) and detail design documents
• Provide QA Manager with accurate and timely testing estimates
• Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
• Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation reviews
• Use of SQL to create data sets and data validations (ability to construct and execute queries)
• Adhere to a structured work environment while able to adapt to periodic high pressure scenarios
• Excellent communication skills to document and report on defects and other software issues
• Make recommendations for the advancement of the QA discipline
• Mentoring and leading junior team members
• Strong analytical and problem solving & leadership skills
• Experience working in Onsite-Offshore model and managing the offshore resources
• Active participation in team meetings and collaborative efforts
• Experience in working upon multiple requirements/projects/releases concurrently
• Effective utilization of appropriate resources to fulfill responsibilities
• HP ALM11/Quality Center administration/project customizations and day to day maintenance
Compensation and Benefits:
Harte-Hanks offers attractive compensation plans along with a comprehensive benefits offering including: Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, 401(k), Disability, Educational Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Referral Bonus Plans.
Harte-Hanks, Inc. (Harte-Hanks) is a worldwide direct and targeted marketing company that provides direct marketing services and shopper...