Rearden Commerce ,reator of the Deem™ commerce platform, is transforming commerce on behalf of buyers and sellers. Through a suite of interoperable smart applications, the Deem platform is designed to leverage big data, analytics and semantics technology to optimize the exchange of goods, services, and information with personalization and repeat value to drive customer loyalty. Deem is distributed globally by more than 40 strategic partners including American Express and JPMorgan Chase — connecting millions of consumers and over 35,000 business customers across every market segment to more than 1.2 million merchants. Rearden Commerce is headquartered in Foster City, California.
The Deem commerce platform is designed to connect buyers and sellers via Absolute Relevance™ technology. Deem leverages big data, social collaboration, game-mechanics, semantics and advanced machine learning to optimize the exchange of goods, services and information between buyers and sellers, resulting in the web's most personalized one-to-one marketplace.
With some of the most highly trafficked sites in the world relying on the functionality, availability, and performance of our technology systems, the QA role for the Offers team at Rearden is mission critical. With continuous zero-downtime deployments often occurring multiple times per day, the process of QA must be both fast-paced and rigorous. With the aggressive SLAs we have in place, failure is not an option.
In this environment, building the right QA environment is the most contributing factor to the speed and ultimately innovation we can bring to the market, making this a highly interesting but also highly challenging role for which we need the best in the business.
- We need thoughtful QA engineers who don’t just react to new code being pushed to test environments, but instead define the frameworks and workflows through which we self-manage including pre-code test-driven design.
- You will work closely with Product Managers and Developers to write thorough and accurate behavior-driven test cases.
- You will assist Product Managers in reproducing and monitoring partner-reported issues.
- You will also coordinate pushes with the deployment engineering team and work with partner QA teams to ensure releases are stable and smooth.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer for web applications
- Strong experience in black box testing
- Experience writing behavior-driven test cases, preferably using Cucumber
- Experience writing browser-based automation
- Knowledge of Ruby and MySQL
- Experience working in fast-paced environments with frequent code deployment
- Experience testing Ruby on Rails SaaS applications strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Startup experience preferred
- Bachelors in CS or the equivalent
Rearden Commerce, Inc. - 13 months ago