Flipboard, the world's first social magazine, is hiring!
Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is on a quest to transform how people discover, view and share content by combining the beauty and ease of print with the power of social media.
Flipboard has raised $60.5 million from legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures, and Insight Venture Partners as well as media innovators including Jack Dorsey co-founder of Twitter, Dustin Moskovitz co-founder of Facebook, Ashton Kutcher, and The Chernin Group.
QA Engineer Responsibilities:
Join our QA team and make a difference in the quality of Flipboard's software seen by millions worldwide. You will contribute to the development of the Platform QA by:
maintaining JIRA projects and triage bugs
- developing and maintaining test environments
- conducting functional and performance tests of Flipboard's platform including web services, ops infrastructure, and frontend clients
- writing and maintaining test plans and cases, test automation scripts, and QA tools;
Ideal skills, experience and qualities:
- working with engineering, operations, and community to debug live Production issues.
Why Join Flipboard?
- 3+ years White Box QA experience (some Blackbox QA too)
- Unix/Linux environments and knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as JAVA, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Browser test automation frameworks (Selenium, Watir, or iMacros)
- Web load/performance test frameworks (JMeter, Grinder, or Faban)
- JAVA profiling tools (Yourkit, JProfiler)
- Popular social networks (Facebook/Twitter)
Benefits & Perks:
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft), all delivering high-level valuations.
- Exciting and collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise) you’d like to organize.
Flipboard - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard