Do you like to break stuff and figure out how to put it back together?
Do you like to tinker with every setting on a piece of software or device to understand exactly how it functions?
Are you currently enrolled in a college program (or recently graduated) in Computer Science?
If this describes you then nCircle could use your passion and desire to learn! We are searching for current college students who have a strong desire to help build world-class commercial software. Our Alpharetta team is looking for a part-time (20-29 hours per week) intern with a strong career interests in software engineering and IT security. The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, an ability to learn quickly and the motivation to gain experience working alongside software and security professionals. Responsibilities include testing software, setting up test systems, writing scripts/test programs, and assisting software engineers as needed. Our ideal candidate, and past successful interns, has been current college undergraduate at a local university that is looking for real-world experience for 1-2 years. nCircle has a history of bringing our top performing interns on in full-time roles following graduation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Setting up server and network devices to simulate real world environments.
- Writing scripts or programs to automate testing.
- Finding and documenting software defects.
- Installing and configuring nCircle's commercial security software products and appliances.
- Working on a team and participating in Agile methodologies.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Currently enrolled (or recently graduated) in college program preferably in computer sciences.
- Impeccable written English.
- Enthusiastic attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with databases and webservers.
- Takes responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Enjoys reading and learning.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
nCircle is the leading provider of Information Risk & Security Performance Management solutions to more than 6,500 businesses and government agencies worldwide. nCircle solutions enable enterprises of all sizes to 1) automate compliance and reduce risk, and 2) measure and compare the performance of their IT security program with their own goals and industry peers. nCircle solutions may be deployed on a customer's premise, as a cloud-based service, or in combination, for maximum flexibility and value. nCircle has won numerous awards for growth, innovation, customer satisfaction and technology leadership. nCircle is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with regional offices throughout the United States and in London and Toronto. nCircle's Alpharetta office is located in Sanctuary Parkway, near the Mansell Rd exit to GA-400.tion as one of the Greater Bay Area’s ‘Best Places to Work’ by the San Francisco Business Times. We offer a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and your contributions make an important difference. Because of this philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages, top-notch benefits as well as stock options to every employee. All of our employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new technologies, and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment with extremely accomplished people.
- Experience, involvement, or strong interest in computer security.
- System administration skills (Windows, Unix/Linux, Networking).
- SQL and Database skills.
- Company Home
- Management Team
- Board of Directors
- About Our Business
- Corporate Culture
- Job Openings
- Contact Us
- nCircle Awarded Bay Area "Best Places to Work" Designation
nCircle - 30+ days ago
nCircle is the leading provider of information risk and security performance management solutions to more than 6,500 businesses and governme...