QA Test Engineer
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance Test Engineer will be focused on validating that the core product being delivered meets the functional and quality objectives. He/she will also be responsible for successfully interacting with other functional areas within the RTS solution including Solution Management and Development Team, to help ensure that the product needs are fully addressed.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Qualification and/or Experience Required:
- Able to communicate effectively with team located in the same place as well as with not collocated team
- Adapt to changing requirements
- Provide continuous status update to the upper manager
- Focus on details
- Ability to work on multiple projects
The incumbent should have a University degree or comparable
The following knowledge/experience is required:
- Deep knowledge of software test processes, test levels and test objectives
- Knowledge of O.S. basic concepts
- Knowledge of DBMS basic concepts
- Knowledge in XML basic Principles
- Basic Knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques
The following is considered as nice to have:
- Proven knowledge of at least one of the major commercial test automation suites
- Proven knowledge of at least one of major commercial defect tracking systems
- Basic knowledge of Windows O.S. and Linux O.S.
- Basic knowledge of Java programming language
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic programming language
- Basic Knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- HP Quality Center
- HP Quick Test Pro
- Atlassian Jira Defect tracking system
- Retail Point of Sale software application knowledge
- Knowledge of Retail standards (OPOS, JPOS)
Apr 18, 2012, 11:00:00 PM
NCR - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker of ATMs....