We are seeking a Software QA Analyst that will be responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to Production. The ideal candidate has retail ecommerce experience as well as experience with industry standard QA tools (we use Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager). The analyst is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor as needed, but many activities will require independent thought and decision making.
- Analyze and understand requirements, devise a test strategy to adequately cover the requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases. Review test artifacts with QA and development team members and edit accordingly.
- Own the QA role throughout each project. This includes but is not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute tests (manual and automated), monitor testing progress, report status, log defects, track defect fixes, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery, be responsible for quality.
- Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, extend the automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development life cycle, participate in its continuous improvement.
o Can define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others)
- At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required; at least 2 years of QA experience in an online retail environment preferred
- Knowledge of QA theory and methodology
o Can define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others)
o Expertise in exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and experience testing services (with tools such as SoapUI)
- Experience testing web sites and web pages, especially ecommerce; knowledge of tools such as Selenium, Fiddler, Firebug, WAPT, etc.
- Experience with test automation, preferably beyond record/playback and scripting; knowledge of programming languages preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Able to write simple queries, understand basic database architecture, can incorporate data validation into test activities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Works well under pressure to meet due dates
- Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
- Strong sense of ownership, takes responsibility
Monster - 5 months ago