QA Tester - Temporary
: QA Tester
: QA Project Lead
: El Segundo, CA
: Quality Assurance
Activision, the publisher of hit franchises like Call of Duty®, is looking for passionate people to join our Quality Assurance team. If you are an avid gamer and have excellent communication skills, come be a part of our team and help us continue creating great games!
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database.
- Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix.
- Completes regression/verification testing on an as needed basis.
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work forty or more hours per week including weekends, when required
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (optional):
- Previous video game testing experience
- Previous Devtrack database experience (or equivalent bug tracking software)
- Understanding of the software testing process
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and related PC hardware
- Strong background in entertainment software or related industry
- Computer Science, Programming, or related Associates or Bachelor's Degree
United States-California-El Segundo