This position is responsible for hand loading — in stop-sequence order — all outbound grocery products onto pre-designated trailers.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Maintain Quality Control on all non-conveyable products prior to loading.
- Load product in a safe manner, ensuring product integrity for customers.
- Load pallets by hand or by Walky Rider.
- Bring concerns about product integrity to Supervisor’s attention.
- Position non-conveyable product with associated conveyable product.
- Perform cigarette carton count for each customer order.
- Secure load with load bars when loading is complete.
- Communicate any special circumstances to driver via the shipping loading report.
- Maintain a clean, debris-free work area.
- Achieve productivity goals while maintaining product integrity.
- Achieve safety goals and department and division OS&D goals.
- Maintain effective working relationships with peers.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center: work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F; teammates assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as cold as -10°F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
McLane - 17 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...