Cook Pharmica is a biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with process development, clinical and commercial bulk drug substance manufacturing, formulation development, clinical and commercial parenteral drug product manufacturing, including liquid and lyophilized vials, prefilled syringes and secondary packaging, and an array of support services all at a single facility in Bloomington, IN. Founded in 2004, Cook Pharmica is a division of Cook Medical, the world's largest privately held medical manufacturing company.
The QC Support Technician works to support the daily laboratory operations, ensuring that laboratory operations function as intended by facilitating the necessary behind the scenes operations. The Technician performs routine and non routines operations as directed to keep laboratory disruptions from lack of required materials and supplies to a minimum.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Maintain inventories of laboratory supplies needed for routine QC testing, replenishment of lab consumables, including placement of purchase requests and development of safety stocks
- Provide support in media preparation, glassware cleaning and wrapping & autoclaving components
- Ensure that all chemicals used in the QC laboratories have Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on file with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Receive QC shipments and distribute accordingly
- Read, understand and follow SOPs pertaining to job functions
- Perform necessary functions to keep laboratory operations optimal
- Maintain training records and compliance
- Perform duties assigned in a quality and compliant manner consistent with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for replenishment of laboratory glassware
- Must work and interact effectively with and for others to achieve
levels of the organization
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
- Must meet company attendance requirements
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
- Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various
environments with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Strong technical writing and computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in team environment and interact with various management levels and groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with co-workers as well as management
- Experience in QC, microbiology, or the biotechnology industry is desired
- High school diploma or GED
- Required to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Majority of day spent in a standing position
- Able to identify safety and environmental hazards
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves
Sign the confidentiality agreement. Compliance with all policies of the company including without limitation the Cook Employee Manual, Cook Code of Conduct, Cook Electronic Information Policy, and Cook Pharmica Quality Manual.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...