Posting Job Title: QC Tech - Nederland
Requisition #: 142711BR
Posting Location: Nederland, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The position will apply advanced technical skills to inspect work performed by in-house or contract technicians for the purpose of validating quality of work, productivity and/or contractor invoicing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Repair any deficiency noted in drop system.
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as OSHA, FCC, and NEC, etc.) and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Document the quality of all workmanship, ensure any necessary corrective measures are completed and report information or further action need to supervisor/manager.
- Assist in improving system integrity by identifying areas of training and education needed by contractor personnel.
- Safely operate and properly maintain tools and equipment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of customer premise equipment and program services/listings in order to provide information to customers and market company products. Attend trainings when necessary.
- Prepare and accurately maintain logs, reports, work orders and other related documentation in accordance with company and departmental policies.
- Maintain, organize and stock vehicle with the proper equipment in order to perform required duties. Obey all traffic laws. Inspect and report vehicle safety hazards. Keep vehicle inventory neat and organized.
- Report all property damage, injuries, customer complaints and other potential problems and unusual occurrences promptly to a supervisor or to dispatch.
- This position requires the QA Tech to perform on-call duties as described in TWC policies.
- This position handles difficult customer service issues related to service/installation problems (i.e., OTP/VIP calls) and acts as the liaison between the contractor, customer and TWC.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required
- Minimum of 12 months as a three product (video, high speed internet and digital phone) technician (must be at least a FT2 or FT3).
- Ability to read city maps
- Basic computer skills desired
- Must be able to complete paperwork, read work orders and road maps and perform simple mathematical calculations
- Good selling, problem-solving, record-keeping and organizational skills also desirable
- Good communication skills, customer relations skills and ability to educate customers
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required - Ability to work independently and ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures
- Ability to work at heights, on ladders, and telephone poles
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, composure and patience to ensure good customer relations
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to comply with Local, State and Federal regulations and Company policies
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and late shifts as required.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11551
Controlling Establishment ID: 00149 - Nederland
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...