THANKS Logistics Engineer - Smyrna, TN
This is an awesome opportunity as a Logistics Engineer with a leading automotive manufacturer in Smyrna, TN. It offers a competitive salary, great benefits package and the opportunity to grow at Nissan, one of the world’s most innovative car makers!!
Grow your career by joining Kelly Services' Engineering Resources Team at Nissan North America.
Job Description :
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments in work measurement for the establishment of standards.
- Plans and oversees utilization of production facilities and personnel in departments or other subdivisions of an industrial establishment.
- Plans equipment layout and material flow to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities.
- Plans and oversees work study and training programs to promote efficient personnel utilization.
- The ideal candidate will support lean proficiencies through examination and improvement of Nissan total supply chain.
- The candidate will have a working knowledge of logistics.
- The candidate will work on a core team to support supplier with their cost reduction commitments for FY12.
About Kelly Services ®
- BS in Engineering with at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in manufacturing logistics.
- Must have a strong lean manufacturing /JIT/TPS experience as a manufacturing engineer automotive preferred including tooling, fixturing, and assembly experience.
- Any layout, process flow, robotics, PLC, controls, automation, stamping, injection molding, casting, machining experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality systems Six Sigma, regulatory requirements, design validation principles
- Ability to analyze suppliers, develop strategy for improvement using Lean Methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects and objectives, simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to influence individuals and groups.
- Ability to foster change, promote and implement improvements.
- Experience with assessing supplier capability, applying lean manufacturing and value stream mapping.
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading projects or programs.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal communication, and relationship management skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for the purpose of understanding equipment function and product design.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 80% of the time, including International Travel
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
[Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on
Facebook , LinkedIn , and Twitter .
Download The Talent Project , a free iPad app by Kelly Services.] ]]
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable...