We are looking for a top-performer to join our team as our new Quality /Risk Director.
Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital performs approximately 500 procedures per month. We are a licensed 12 bed, 7 OR Surgical Hospital with an Emergency Department and Imaging Center, owned by United Surgical Partners, Inc.
United Surgical Partners International (USPI) is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Surgical Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers in the U.S. Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital provides first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one assets.
The Quality Director has the responsibility and authority of planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating and evaluating the activities and functions of the Quality/Risk Management Department. Directs and coordinates all department activities to assure continuous monitoring of hospital-wide Performance Improvement. Incumbent serves as a resource to Administration, the Medical Staff, and other Departments in Performance Improvement. Supervises the responsibilities of the Infection Prevention/Employee Health/Case Management Coordinator.
- Current Texas license as a Registered Nurse
- Clinical experience preferred.
- One to three years experience in Quality/Risk Management preferred.
- Current BLS certification
- Preferred CPHQ certification
- Relevant clinical experience and previous management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hospital organizations, committees, department functions, and Quality Improvement Activities.
- Demonstrate competent administrative, communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, Medicare, TDH and Texas Workman’s Compensation standards.
- Must understand confidential nature of hospital work.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Possess the ability to comprehend, communicate and deal tactfully with all types of personnel, department staff, administrators, public, patients, and medical and clinical staff.
- Basic computer knowledge. Word Perfect, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
United Surgical Partners International - 9 months ago